Wednesday 9 July 2014

Gay Rights

Gay Rights Support Cake story

It's amazing to think that this is going to court as discrimination. It's nice to see that gay rights support is really picking up. Things like this and the legalisation of gay marriage is great to see as it shows how we are growing as a society to become more accepting. However the argument that this prevents the right to religious freedom...

I'm an atheist. Or as my English teacher said, I'm a "lapsed Catholic" (he then told me I'm going to hell) so it doesn't really affect me. But lets look at the bigger picture. I have friends who are Christian, Muslim and other religions. Surely they deserve the right to their religion too?

What I don't see is why the two things need to collide. Didn't God say to love everyone equally? If so, surely that requires not discriminating against people for gender, sexual orientation, skin colour, ethnic background, class... anything! However, taking it in a different light... Doesn't loving everyone equally relate to being pansexual?

Anyway, just a short blog because writers block and ARGH! Might have a couple of blogs soon with a bit more... thought behind them. For now... Have some YouTube videos, a key staple of my blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment