Friday 13 June 2014

#EndFathersDay and Feminism

I do not agree with the trending hashtag. 

I think it's ridiculous that it's not okay to be sexist to a woman but it is socially acceptable to be sexist to a man. It's also socially acceptable to be racist to a white person. 

Logic = gone!


There is a system that single mothers can use to track down runaway fathers in order to get them to pay money for their kids but single fathers are not allowed to use it to track down runaway mothers. Sexist

When battling for custody in court, a man cannot say that they love their child as it will be perceived as being creepy and they will not be given custody by being suspect of pedophillia. Women are completely fine to say they love their kids. Sexist

Single mothers get put to the top of the housing list for council houses. Single fathers might actually be told they aren't allowed on the waiting list even. Sexist


A large part of this is down to feminism and yet, a lot of feminists claim to want "equality" for both genders. Somehow this doesn't quite seem right to me. I know there is still a lot of sexism towards women too, I'm not so oblivious to have missed that. But everybody cares about that. Nobody cares about how poorly men are treated.


Anyway, I'm going to cut this there. I did write a blog post on my old blog about feminism but I had to private it due to some bullying incidents because GOD FORBID I HAVE DIFFERENT IDEAS TO THE FEMINISTS AT MY COLLEGE! *GASP*

No comments:

Post a Comment